Monday, September 7, 2009

The Comfort of Memories

"How I long for the months gone by, for the days when God watched over me, when his lamp shone upon my head and by his light I walked through darkness! Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house, when the Almighty was still with me and my children were around me." Job 29:2-5


WOW - now, if that's not the favorite verse of a PAS victim, I can't think of one that feels better. I've spent many years in that territory. The truth is, I still go back there more often than I should. Eventually I learned that, while it was comforting to suck on my pacifier, it was not leading me anywhere. And God definitely had other plans for me. (of course, I don't really recall Him asking my opinion.... )

Do not say, "Why were the old days better than these?" For it is not wise to ask such questions. Ecclesiastes 7:10

No comments:

Post a Comment