Sunday, September 20, 2009

So... When will I finally be able to see my kids again?

I have to admit though – all this talk about faith in God, really wasn’t making me feel all that much better about what had happened to my family.

I guess when you come right down to it, I just couldn’t bring myself to believe that God would allow this to happen. I simply had to believe that this whole legal fiasco had to really anger Him. And just for the record: I still believe that. In fact, I think there are allot of problems on this planet that really make Him mad. But I was still focused on my own pain, and my own anger, and I kept demanding to know what He was going to do about it.

That’s when it hit me: He is going to do something about it! He does have a plan to fix the whole mess. My kids will get to finally learn the truth about what happened to our relationship.

Now I have to admit folks, it took me a long time to wrap my mind around this. Years, in fact. Guess you could say I’m kindofa slow learner. But in my defense, I think it’s perfectly natural to expect faster results whenever we face a debilitating problem.

The problem was that I had never fully come to understand the significance of His promise of Resurrection. My faith had always been more-or-less based on the here-and-now. I really expected that if I was a “good” person, and kept on doing the “right” things, like going to church, reading my Bible, even paying my tithe (well, almost a tithe) that I could expect God to come to my defense.

I really thought that He woulda stuck up for me when my ex divorced me, and by now I should at least be able to visit my kids. The hard part for me was learning that He wanted me to have more than just a “here-and-now” kinda faith.

That’s when I finally began to realize how important the Resurrection really is.

When that Day finally arrives, I will see my kids again, they will learn the truth about me, and they will finally want reconciliation! Yeah – they’ll want it – no matter how much they say they don’t want it now. And d'ya know what the best part is? I won’t have to try to convince anybody of my innocence. (OK- so you'all know, at least those of you who have actually had to face PAS, I'm the last person on earth that my kids are gonna believe, when it comes to explaining my own innocence.) But on Resurrection Day – I won’t have to explain myself. The records will be read, and the truth will be made known! That’s already been taken care of! (check out Malachi 3:16...)

I'm finally starting to understand why Paul made such a big deal about having "hope" in the Resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment